Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Let the Games Begin!

This Friday will be the Opening Ceremonies for the Winter Olympics. I love the Olympics, summer and winter. BUT since I am such a big skier and love the cold and the snow I enjoy watching the winter just a little more. This year it is in Vancouver, Canada. So the time difference will not be all that bad so we should get to see more events and not have to wait up until 1 or 2 in the morning.

Since I have been making list lately I will give you all my top five sports I love to watch:
5. Bobsleigh and the Luge
They are a tie because they are a lot alike. I would one day love to experience these events. And just so you know I did love the bobsleigh event even before I saw the movie Cool Running. But after the movie my love for this sport grew greatly.
4. Ski Jumping
This is something I would never do, BUT it gets me so excited watching it. I will be honest I do not sit down while watching this. Maybe it is from doing it on the wii board, but I stand and pretend to jump when they do.
3. Figure Skating and Curling
This is another tie. Both can seem very boring but for some reason I can not tear myself away for the TV when it they are on.
2. Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding
This are just fun to watch and make you want to get out on the snow. Snowboard cross is really fun to watch because they can throw punches at each other. It gets intense.
1. Freestyle Skiing
SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH! I just wish I could do all the tricks these people can.

There you have it folks. You know what I will be doing for the next two weeks, watching me some Olympic fun. GO USA!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment