Thursday, July 22, 2010

Worship on the Beach, there is NOTHING like it!



I wanted to start out with this story because this might have been one of times during the week that I felt so close to God. I knew He was right beside me during the whole week, walking with me and enjoying the time we were able to spend with the many people of LA. But on Wednesday of that week, well I really don't have words to express what I felt that day so I will try to just tell you.


Wednesday was my groups day at Venice Beach.We first started the morning out by stopping and getting some donuts and water and heading over to Echo Park, which is what the picture is above, and just handing those out to anyone there. Some people were homeless, some were out for a jog, it is just really fun to see the faces of people when you do random acts of kindness like that.
From there we went to Albertsons to buy our lunch for us and for the people on Hippie Hill. We made sure that we purchased food that we would like to eat, because it is probably what the people we would be sharing food with would want to eat as well. We made our way out to Venice and met our friends out there. Some of the people were new friends, some were friends that we had met in the years past. Eric our youth minister had been taking the groups out there all week so they knew who he was for sure. We sat and enjoyed lunch with them and had many laughs. We met Andre, was from Russia and was a joy to talk to. And Timothy who remembered one of our group members from when we were there last year.

We also met Abraham, and with him is when I had my moment with the Lord. Abraham has been at Venice for many years and I have met him before. On this day he had just returned to the beach and had a very hurt knee so he was just laying out on the beach. Two of our young ladies went over and were talking to him and then they came over to us and asked if would would go sing on the beach with them. That was AMAZING!!!!
This photo above just says it all. It is true that picture is worth a million words. We sat there and praised the Lord with Abraham for about 15 or 20 mins. It was one of the best times of Worship that I have ever had in my 31 years.

I thank the Lord everyday for this moment I was able to have with him, the teens and Abraham. The Lord was on the beach that day, and he is there everyday.

Praise the LORD.
How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise him!
~Psalm 147:1

No comments:

Post a Comment