Wednesday, July 28, 2010

We Can Learn A Lot From Teenagers!



This last post about our LA Mission Trip I really want to take the time to brag on our teens in the youth group. I have been volunteering with the Monterey Youth Group for over ten years now. Mainly because it really is fun, but also because the Monterey Teen Ministry made such an impact in my life I just wanted to give back. I always say that I don't know if I could be a teenager in this day and age. There was so much temptation when I was a teen in the 90s and I know it has doubled since my days. So I just hope that the few hours they get to spend with me each week really helps to keep them motivated for the Lord.

With that all said, this year on Mission Trip the Teens were AMAZING!!!! I am not kidding, they were go getters all the way. Ready and willing to work with anything that anyone came up with for them to do. They cleaned kitchens, got blisters on their hands from digging, mowed lawns, you name it the kids did it that week. They were especially ready and willing to sit and listen and get to know the homeless and less fortunate. The teens saw no color, no smell, no torn clothes on any person, all they saw was a child of God that needed love. And they gave the love with smiles and open arms with many hugs.

Our teens took the verse from 1 Timothy 4:12, Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example for other believers in your speech, behavior, love, faithfulness and purity. They made that verse come to life that week. The teens were a true example to this believer and the many other sponsors on the trip. Their speech, behavior and love was seen by many eyes and felt by many hearts.

Monterey Teens I love you guys so much. You mean the world to me and the many other sponsors that help out with you. Thank you so much for being such a strong example for us, the church, and the many people we meet in LA and in Lubbock.

No comments:

Post a Comment