Friday, March 12, 2010

POWDER DAY!!!!!

So yesterday I skipped out on work to go skiing up at Ski Apache in Ruidoso, NM. It was the most powder I have ever skied on. It was so much fun, exhausting BUT FUN!!! I went up with Eric and Aaron the two youth minister's at my church. I have known Aaron just about all my life so he is like a little brother to me. And Eric was my youth minister so he is a big brother. Good times!

For those that don't know, not sure who all reads this, but I LOVE SKIING! I have to say it is the best time I have to bond with the Lord because you are among his beauty!!!! I love to get to the top of the mountain and just stop and stare out for a while before I take off. I was a ski instructor up at Ski Apache right after I graduated from college. It was wonderful. I was able to teach people something that I loved to do. Four months of skiing everyday, it does not get better then that. But then I had to start paying back my students loans so I had to get a really job. To bad ;o(! I do love to hit the snow whenever I can. So yesterday was extra special, not only was I getting to ski BUT it was the best snow EVER. We went up to the Bowl part and no one was up there so we were able to make fresh tracks in snow that was a little past our knees. I learned I never want to go back country skiing, that is mega powder and I don't think I can handle that. Also I learned I am really out of shape, which I kind of already knew, but I always hope for the best.

Anyway, just wanted to share my crazy fun day with you all. We have some good stories if you want to hear them let me know.

HAPPY SPRING BREAK TO EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment